The annual Child Nutrition Access and Accountability Through Technology (known as CNAAT) National Training Conference provides a forum for attendees to learn new skills, share successful practices, and collaborate on important issues that shape child nutrition technologies. Participants represent school food authorities, information technology, child and nutrition agencies, and USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) national and regional staff. Nutrition programs discussed at the conference are the National School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, the Child and Adult Care Food Program, the Summer Food Service Program, the Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Program, and the Special Milk Program.
Insight provides technical assistance to FNS and the Child Nutrition State Systems Workgroup as a subcontractor to PSA. Our role is to plan, execute, and evaluate event activities and to provide training at the events.
Insight trains participants in—
- Data migration and ways to maintain integrity and access while migrating data between systems
- Hosting strategies that best meet states’ needs, including in-house and outsourced approaches
- System security via access management (granting access to authorized users and preventing access to unauthorized users) and change management (identifying and implementing system changes)
- Project management 101 to reveal key components of a project management plan, including hands-on training
- System testing responsibilities of states and vendors to ensure system implementations operate according to defined requirements
Trainings, webinars, panels, workshops, conferences, course evaluations