Westat Insight is providing expert technical assistance and program policy support to the District of Columbia, Department of Human Services’ Economic Security Administration (ESA) to identify, design, and execute various policy analyses to improve the District’s local and federal compliance with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
Our subject matter experts support ESA staff primarily in the Division of Policy, Training, and Quality Assurance. Tasks vary but include performing data analysis, research, and policy analysis of ESA’s programs, policies, best practices, service delivery, and program implementation to improve the quality of services administered to District residents. Specifically, we have helped ESA to—
- Implement the Elderly Simplified Application Program.
- Transition out of the public health emergency.
- Develop a SNAP policy manual and supporting materials.
- Develop notices to applicants and participants.
- Conduct training seminars on policy research best practices.
- Prioritize and sequence corrective action planning.
- Conduct knowledge transfer and cross-training activities.
Training presentations, SNAP policy manual, model notices, policy guidance materials