This project developed an evaluation framework and plan for a prospective longitudinal evaluation of four diversity grant programs administered by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Bureau of Health Workforce: Nursing Workforce Diversity, Centers of Excellence, Health Careers Opportunity Program, and Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students.
The project had four main objectives:
- Conduct a comprehensive literature review to assess the quality of evidence-based recruitment and retention programming developed by grantees for underrepresented minority and disadvantaged students.
- Convene a technical working group of experts to gather feedback and expert advice on using the literature review findings to inform an evaluation framework and plan.
- Develop the draft evaluation framework and evaluation plan.
- Summarize the recommended evaluation framework and plan in a final project report.
In partnership with NORC, Insight—
- Developed a draft and final evaluation framework
- Participated in and led technical working group meetings to discuss the development of the evaluation framework
- Supported the development of the evaluation plan and final report
The evaluation framework and plan provided HRSA with a detailed blueprint for examining core characteristics of programming offered by grantees, effects of program design on outcomes, differences in outcomes across health professions, and the impact of the four programs on healthcare workforce diversity.
Logic models, evaluation framework, evaluation design report