The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provides oversight for the certification process required for long-term care facilities that receive Medicare or Medicaid reimbursement. This project supports CMS in the implementation of the system used by all state agencies to conduct the required survey and certification activities. Insight and partners have been working closely with CMS and other experts to revise and test this certification system and its process for collecting survey data, referred to as the Long-Term Care Survey Process. This process complies with the Final Rule to Reform the Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities of 2016.
Specifically, Insight’s work includes the following objectives:
- Develop and revise the long-term care survey process.
- Monitor changes in policies that may mandate revisions or refinements to the new survey process.
- Prepare business requirements, develop test cases, conduct testing, and report results from user acceptance testing.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the business process and requirements generation process through interviews and design sessions.
- Identify and address survey process concerns and implement improvements to the new survey system.
- Conduct onsite survey support and document findings.
- Provide help desk support to respond to inquiries related to the process.
- Review materials and provide input related to software release and participate in software release presentation.
- Process, organize, and analyze data and conduct ad hoc analyses.
Videos, white papers, technical memos, webinars