This project supports Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) National Office and Regional Office staff in their efforts to help Puerto Rico consider a transition from the Nutrition Assistance Program (NAP) to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Insight provides management support in a variety of areas, including the following tasks:
- Assess and create a plan to inform Puerto Rico about SNAP, including how the program is operated relative to eligibility and program requirements.
- Develop a roadmap for a transition from NAP to SNAP.
- Analyze FNS’s capacity to support Puerto Rico in making an informed decision, and propose activities for the transition if applicable.
- Establish and lead meetings and a communication strategy.
- Determine best practices for translating needed materials and meetings.
Throughout this project, the Insight team engages three groups of stakeholders to gather perspectives, identify challenges and solutions, and review materials developed for a potential transition:
- A senior leadership team composed of senior FNS leaders who meet quarterly
- A “Tiger Team,” including a cross-functional team of FNS staff who meet biweekly
- A Puerto Rico team of staff from Puerto Rico’s Administración de Desarrollo Socioeconómico de la Familia (Department of Family Affairs) and other NAP stakeholders who meet monthly
Program Requirements Report, Transition Roadmap, Translation Best Practices Report