The Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) conducts periodic assessments of the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) to determine if it is at risk for improper payments. This study examines how state agencies administer and provide effective oversight of SFSP to ensure program integrity and identifies challenges faced by those administering, managing, and operating the program. The results of the study will inform FNS resources, training, and technical assistance for state agencies to support their effective administration and monitoring of the SFSP.
For this project, Insight—
- Develops, pretests and finalizes interview protocols
- Develops recruitment materials for state agencies, SFSP sponsors, and sites
- Develops interviewer training materials
- Recruits and conducts telephone interviews with 48 SPSP sponsors and 48 sites
- Transcribes, codes, and analyzes semistructured interviews
- Contributes to final report and journal manuscript